- I would suggest you to update the latest Universal ASIO Driver in the Device Manager and check, if it works. Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”. Locate and expand Universal ASIO Driver. Right click on the Universal ASIO Driver and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Where did you change the Driver?in asio Driver section? Because dst is the lossles compressed format of diff/dsf files and only foobar can extract/convert it on the fly!thats why you need foo-dsd asio the teac dac can't do this.dst is made for sacd to store the cd/dsd layer in Stereo and multichannel on one disc only.
Windows ASIO Set Up Guide.pdf. Which USB Driver do I need - 4.67.0, 1.67 or 1.43? Click here to learn about the benefits of using USB Class 2 mode. DSD: ASIO: HoloAudio ASIO Driver I would guess these entries are the ASIO versions of the WASAPI drivers above, just not enumerated into 'push' and 'event' - whatever that difference means. For the yggy, you should use the wasapi (event): speakers (2-schiit audio gen 3usb) entry, although the asio: asio for usb device will work, too.
|WASAPI output support|
|Stable release||3.3 (June 19, 2017)|
The Windows Audio Session API (WASAPI) output support component allows you to play your music using WASAPI exclusive mode.
WASAPI is a new audio output method introduced in Windows Vista; among other things, it provides an exclusive mode that allows applications to take full control over soundcard's resources (muting any sounds played by other applications) and play unaltered bitstream without passing it through the Windows mixer.
Asio Proxy Foobar
- 2WASAPI plug-in version 3.0
Differences between WASAPI and ASIO / Kernel Streaming from foobar2000 user’s perspective
- Requires Windows Vista or Windows 7 - not available on Windows XP or older.
- Works with more soundcards - contrary to e.g. ASIO, it doesn't require any special support from soundcard's manufacturer, other than providing a Windows Vista compatible driver.
- Guarantees muting of any other sounds played through the soundcard - with ASIO and KS, muting occurred with some soundcards but not with all of them; it was a side effect rather than a feature.
WASAPI plug-in version 3.0
Output modes: push and event-driven
As for the latest version of the component, two different output modes are available - push and event-driven; certain soundcards - especially USB devices - are known to cooperate better with the event-driven mode while certain other soundcards do not support the event-driven mode at all.
Foobar Asio Driver Windows 10
Unfortunately, WASAPI is affected by various bugs in both Windows mixer and soundcard drivers. To keep these from crashing foobar2000, all WASAPI access is now sandboxed in a separate process for better stability.
Buffer size tweaks
Please note that any buffer tweak options do not explicitly cause the specified buffer size to be used; if the specified value is outside the allowed range for your device, the nearest allowed value will be used.
- WASAPI output support (foo_out_wasapi) on foobar2000.org
- WASAPI on Wikipedia